The 3 Keys To Weight Loss Success
If you’re not sure why you’ve always struggled with weight loss then you should definitely take 6 minutes to read this page…
Hey there, I'm Clay. :) So, what does it really take for you to lose weight and keep it off? Well, it’s not a secret. There are millions of people losing weight every year. If they can do it then so can you. Let me show you the 3 most important pieces to the weight loss puzzle. I’m going to number them all as number 1 because they all have equal importance. Enjoy!
1. The amount of CALORIES you consume on a daily basis determines your body weight. If your goal is weight loss then your calories need to be correct for what you are wanting to achieve. Always remember that your calorie intake is what controls your weight. You must eat less calories than your body needs in order to lose weight. And your calorie intake must be correct for your goals. If you're eating more calories in a day than your body needs then you are going to gain weight. It really is that simple.
If your body needs 2000 calories per day to maintain its weight, then eating let's say 1750 calories daily would be a great place to start for most people. If you start losing too quickly then you can slightly increase your calories. Losing too quickly is typically more than 2 lbs per week but it depends on several factors. If your weight isn't moving or you're gaining weight then you can decrease your calories a bit more.
1. You must measure your body weight and food intake on a daily basis. If you don't measure then you have no idea how much you weigh or how much you're eating. And if you don't know how much you're eating then you may or may not reach your goals. It would be like flipping a coin. Maybe you get heads, maybe you get tails. It’s a 50/50 chance. The success rate for people that measure their calorie intake versus people who don't is not even comparable.
There's an old saying, “What gets measured gets changed.” What that means is whatever you're wanting to change needs to be measured. If you're not measuring it then how will you know if what you're doing is working? Oh, your pants are falling off? Yeah, that's a great indicator that you're losing weight. But what if you're losing too quickly? How would you know without weighing yourself daily? If you're losing too quickly then the weight is probably coming off in an unhealthy way and a weight loss plateau is in your near future.
You must measure your body weight. You must measure your daily food intake.
I have something else to say about measuring. Many people complain about measuring their weight and their calories. “I'll never do that.” “That's ridiculous.” “That's not fun.” “That's too much work.” “I can't.” “I won't.” “Sally just lost 45 pounds without measuring.” Ok, this has nothing to do with Sally. We’re talking about you and what will work for you with the highest amount of success. We're not looking for a quick fix that may harm your metabolism and hurt your chances of keeping off the weight. We’re talking about a sustainable method for healthy weight loss. I would never help you with a solution that didn't have your health as top priority.
The interesting thing about measuring is EVERY part of YOUR life is measured. And I mean EVERYTHING has a measurement.
-The money you earn and the money in your bank accounts are measurements. Gotta measure that one, right?
-The gas gauge in your car is a measurement. What if you didn't know how much gas you had in the tank?
-The size of your pants is a measurement. Would you have to try on 20 different pants before you found one that fits?
-The memory of your phone, the weights you lift, your followers on Instagram and Facebook, your shoe size, the time on your watch, the outside temperature, the price of food, speed limits, they’re all measurements. Your entire life is measured so to complain about measuring something new doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. What does make sense is taking the time to learn how to measure your weight and calories to achieve the goals that will improve your life 10X. Wouldn’t you say?
1. Be consistent. Success with anything you want to achieve requires consistency. That’s not my opinion, that’s a fact. That’s a rule of success. This means doing the correct things for your goals every single day. If your goal is to lose 35 pounds then you must be consistent with measuring your calorie intake and body weight.
Let me give you 2 different scenarios.
Kristen wants to lose 35 pounds. She is committed to improving her life so she tracks her food intake and her scale weight every single day.
Brooke wants to lose 35 pounds. She is interested in improving her life so she tracks her food intake and scale weight 4 days per week but chooses not to for the rest of the week. One day she eats way under her calories. The two remaining days she eats way over her calories.
Who do you think will see the most success?
I think you already know the answer.
The accountability of a coach is one of the most powerful things you can have to build your consistency. People that were previously unable to find success with their nutrition, have had dramatically different results once they started a program that included professional accountability.
So to recap, here are those 3 requirements for weight loss:
1. Your daily calories must be correct for your goals.
1. Measure your body weight and food intake on a daily basis.
1. Be consistent with your daily required actions.
Easier said than done, right? I agree, losing weight can be a challenge but you absolutely CAN do it. Maybe you can’t do it on your own. I do understand that. I really do. At one time, I needed help myself. I had no idea what I was doing. I tried tons of diets but I couldn’t get anything to work. I finally hired someone to help me transform my understanding of nutrition and teach me what my body needed. To make a long story short, it worked! I was so inspired by the process that I became a nutrition coach myself and now I help people every single day to be achieve their body and fitness goals. I’m telling you, you CAN lose weight. You CAN lean out. You CAN perform well in the gym. You CAN end your food struggles. Sometimes you just need to let down your wall and ask for help. I can help. We can help you. We are not here to judge you. We only wish to understand so we can help you in the best way possible.
Please feel free to check us out at LunchBoxFitness.com
We are a team of 5 nutrition coaches. Just like you have a coach in the gym helping you with technique and movement and lifting, a nutrition coach is that person for your food. We help you understand the types and amounts of foods your body needs in order to reach your goals. If you've tried a bunch of stuff in the past without success it's time you reach out for help. We are more than excited to help you get your nutrition headed in the right direction so you can get the body, the confidence, and the energy you really desire. IT IS POSSIBLE!
You can contact us with any questions. Direct message us on social media or send us an email to email@example.com
We are happy to help you in any way we can.
Talk with you soon!